Friday, July 24, 2009

Long Distance Blues


Since September 27th, 2008, I've been enduring the triumps and trials of a long distance relationship. Initially, I didn't think the distance would be an issue seeing as though we are only two hours aapart. When we first started dating, my baby would drive to Little Rock every week and stay for three days to spend time between his girls and I. Every week, I anticipated Monday's between 6 and 7 p.m. To this day, my stomach literally filsl with butterflies when he calls or sends me a text to let me know he was is his way. Once he makes it to my house and knocks on my door, we melt into each others arms like butter in a skillet. It is like sticking a eletric plug in the socket. His embrace sparks a feeling that lights up everything on the inside of me. Our words, short and minimized to multiple wow's. That WORD, WOW, is our way of expressing feelings that we just can't put into words. His smile or smirk sends an Antartica chill up my spine. It is an indicator to me that what stands before him still makes him happy. We endure the challenges of being so far away from each now because we are looking forward to a lifetime of happiness later. It goes without saying that there are times when it gets frustrating but WE get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.