Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Feelin's


So, I had a choice to go to a girls night out... your typical dinner, drinks and stripper OR go the Frankie Beverly and Maze concert in which my boyfriend, " THE Marcell Dean," won a ticket for me by singing the lyrics to Michael Jackson's, " Lady in my Life." I initially tried to sell the ticket because I didn't think would be able to go due to my foot being swollen. I ended up not selling it and chose to go the concert. IT was an AMAZING experience. The weather was exceptional for an outside concert. As I was preparing the get ready, the excitement begin to bubble over in me. I was stoked first of all that a band of this calibur and their long standing success was coming to Little Rock, and secondly, my "brother" was responsible for bringing them here. I wanted the night to be a success. As I approached downtown, it was pure pandemonium!!!!! The lines were long and people were chit chatting and excited about this history making event. There were black people everywhere. I begin to observe and take notice of all the different shades and hues of black people. I noticed how prominent our features are and how beautiful God made us. We came together on this night to celebrate, groove and listen to a group that has been around for as long as I have been alive. Their music trancends age barriers; it is simply timeless. They can play one on their hits in the club and people will flock to the floor. I went to the concert alone and enjoyed myself immensely. I spent the night texting my boo and my mommy. The highlight of the night was putting my mommy on speaker phone and letting her hear her favorite Maze cut, " Golden Time of Day." I will definitely pay to hear them again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.