Wednesday, July 8, 2009

He comletes you, Say What?!

In order to connect with someone else, fulfillment should be found in yourself first. You should never attach to anyone looking for them to complete you in any form or fashion. From personal experience, that search will you lead you to a dead end road. We as women want that man to come along and lift us up where we belong, but I've found out that we need to lift ourselves up first and let that man meet us there. We try to connect with people thinking that is going to result in wholeness, but if you connect as a half you will remain that way because no other person will be able to complete you. Completeness comes from within.
I vowed that I would never get into another relationship in a broken state. I wanted to be healed from inside out completely. It is not fair to the other person to experience part of you. You don't go to look for a car at the junk yard. You want the best so in order to attract the best; you have to be the best. Mess attracts mess, i.e. emotional issues, unresolved relationships issues, low self-esteem... etc. If you get into a relationship thinking that the other person can fill a void, you will find yourself becoming frustrated because that person can not do it and should have to bear the responsibility of dealing with your issues. All of these should be resolved before connecting with anyone. When attaching yourself to anyone that person is meant to enhance you, not complete you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.