Friday, July 17, 2009

My Addiction


I am addicted to a four letter word.
It's a word we all know so well.
It's free and doesn't cost a thing.
It is something that we all have and can give.
It will make you come back again and again.
It's an addiction that I don't want to break.
It's one that I can't survive without.
It's been around for as long as the world has been in existence.
It is my reason for breathing, living, & being.
It will if the feeling is deep, cause tears to stream like a waterfall from your eyes.
I crave it, I need it, and I want it.
My desire is it to be given to me on the same level that I give it.
My longing is for it to be given with the same intensity that I give it out.
It is like a fresh glass of iced tea on an hot southern sunny day, just refreshing.
It will cause you to do things you normally wouldn't do.
It will cause your face to be decorated with a constant grin and your head to constantly spin.
If there's a cure for this addiction, I don't want it.
I want to all always be under its spell.
My addiction, LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.