Monday, July 20, 2009

Is it you? (OLD POETRY)


In my head I’ve visualized you.
On paper, I have listed the qualities I want to see manifest in you.
In the morning when I rise, I make affirmations about you.
My day is consumed with subliminal thoughts of you.
My mind, body and spirit longs for you.
My arms long to be around you.
My hands long to caress you.
I ask the spirit to guide you to me.
Yet, when you appear, I am not ready for you.
Internally, I beat myself up and wonder what is wrong with me.
Everything I desire you seem to possess, and yet, when you appear, I second guess.
Is it you, the one I have longed for?
Are you the one I asked God for?
Are you the other half that will complete the whole of me?
Are you the missing puzzle piece?
How will I know if I don’t give it a chance?
Surreptitiously, I am praying and hoping it’s you because no one has ever made me feel the way you do.
I wonder if I will ever be in love with you, or if this is too good to be true?
So many questions flood my mind, so for now I will relax and enjoy this time. You are the half that makes me feel strong, I feel like with you we can take the whole world on.
The love we would share would be like two birds of a feather flocking together
The reality is the man that I’ve wished for has been placed right before me.
If this is a dream I’d rather sleep, whatever you do, don’t wake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.