Thursday, July 9, 2009

Reflection Check




Being connected with God requires nothing of us, the connection just is. I do believe however that having a RELATIONSHIP with God requires something of us. We are contingent upon God for our very existence. Because HE is, we are. In the hustle and bustle of it all, we need to pause and be thankful to him for pure existence. We only acknowledge his presence whenever we feel we need him not knowing he is always there. We feel we have lost connection, but that is not the case at all. WE have just failed to acknowledge him. Just because a baby does not acknowledge that it needs an umbilical cord for survival does not mean it ceases to survive. It is the same with our connection with God, we never lose a connection we just forget about the connection and fail to give thanks. God breathed into us the breath of life, without his breath, we cease to exist. Our thoughts are very minimal; we cannot think beyond the natural and realize we are spirit. God is our umbilical cord; we need him to sustain us. We need to PAUSE and realize who our creator is and be an example of his existence in our lives. Stop and ask yourself, am I a light, am I an example of his existence in my life? We were created in him image, does your reflection show any glimpse of HIM at all? When I was pregnant with my second child, I did not know I was pregnant nor did anyone else, but they noticed something was different about me, a sort of glow. Well, our connection with God should cause people to see a difference in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.