Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hoodwinked? Perhaps!

how does it feel to be hoodwinked into thinking that life is one way but it totally different than what you have been taught. i sometimes sit and wonder how my life would be had i not been programmed into thinking certain ways about life. for example, i grew up believing that God was an outside entity totally seperate from myself. i grew up judging people based on their religious affiliation. for example, if you weren't baptist then you were going to be sentenced to a life of fire and brimstone. it wasn't until to a few years back that i my life took a drastic 360 as it relates to my way of thinking about God and who God is and where he exists. I am not asking for anyone to agree with me, but be open minded. This was life changing for me and changed the way I see myself. God is in all! God is everywhere! He is omni present(Omnipresence is the ability to be present in every place at any, and/or every, time; unbounded or universal presence. It is related to the concept of ubiquity, the ability to be everywhere at a certain point in time. ) That in a nutshell sums it up for me. We try to place limits on God, but guess what, that is impossible. He is in each and everyone of us. Even the worst of us. The reason people are bad generally is because they don't know who they are. God breathed into us the breath of life. WE are made in his image(form; appearance; semblance: We are all created in God's image), and in his likeness (The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance. An imitative appearance; a semblance.A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image) This let's me know that the very fabric of my being should always reflect God. we don't want to be on the same level as God, but the aforementioned statements is enough for me to know who I am and who resides within me. WE are already equipped with love, because loves resides with in us, thus we are love. WE are hope because hope resides within us. remember God breathed into us life, he is within us, but we look outwardly for that love, peace, and hope, not knowing that to go inward is to go to that very thing that we are seeking for on the outside. We are so powerful, but don't know it. Not only are we human beings, which is a mere fraction of who we are, but we are spiritual beings, God beings. the outside is a mask that hides the internal truth of who we really are. low self esteem would not be an issue if people know "WHO" they really are. I am so in love with myself, because God is within me and to not love myself is to not love GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.