Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Distorted Reflection Made Clear


As I look in the mirror my reflection stares back at me, mirroring a woman who was once in agony.
Hurt was so pungent others could sense the pain, inwardly, quietly, starting to feel insane.
Reflections of shame, people whispering my name, all along knowing I was caught up in a game.
A game of love quickly replaced with self hate, I am sure others feel me and can certainly relate.
Self-esteem was so low, always covering up and putting on a show to distract others from seeing the distorted broken me.
A reflection of a woman so obviously weak yet professing I was strong, secretly singing a sad song.
Reflections of constantly comparing myself to others, when knowing I was so different than any other.
Unique yet beautiful in my own rite, the creator made no mistakes; he'd created me in his own sight.
The reflection becomes clear to me and now I can see, and appreciate the reflection of the true whole me.
The game of hate is now replaced with love, I found it within and it comes from above. Low self-esteem has been replaced with pride, pride of who I am, a strong woman inside. Reflections of weakness have been replaced with power mirroring a woman whose strength ascends like a tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.