Thursday, July 9, 2009

From a Lye to the Truth!



Living a lye free has taught me how to accept the whole of me. Rejecting societal norms that straight hair on my head would make me more pretty.This wool like texture is a part of me, so I am going to sport it and do me. So many women are okay with living a lye they have to relax their hair orthey think they'll die.Nappy hair has its stigmas attached, that's why black women are addicted to the creamy crack.If you embrace and accept your nappy roots, you will realize nappy hair is the truth.Nappy hair shouldn't cause you shame, but help you remember from whence you came.Africa sweet Africa runs through our veins, we'll do anything to forget it by mutilating our manes.Relaxing it til the creamy crack burns your scalp, why subject yourself to that crap?It's almost like a crack freind, gotta have that lye or in public you can't be seen.Hair embraced mostly by the white race, complimenting and in awe of how I get it this way.They love and accept our naps more than we do; we've been brainwashed into thinking nappy is a hideous hairdo.The truth of the matter is nappy hair beautiful, sexy liberating and free.So don't snarl up your nose when my nappy hair is running free.I'm happily nappy and that won't change, I embrace my truth, nappy and not ashamed.I thank God for this unique mane, and teaching my daughters to do the same.We fro it, we twist it and even wear it straight, but when you living a lye you wear it all the same way.Even have nerves to tell " Nappy looks good on you;" I shake my head and say nappy too.Straight hair is cool if you aren't ashamed of your naps, if you are, you need to face the truth.Miss a relaxer for a month or two, and see our the naps take over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.