Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our "Diversion" Excursion


Little Rock is very underestimated. There are great little restuarants in nooks and cranny's that are overlooked. I happen to date a natural explorer who doesn't mind escaping into these places which is great for me because I tend to stay in my central location, but with him, I've come across some nice places in my city. One of which is called "Diversions Wine Martini and Tapas Bar." It is simply a very chic, elegant and trendy bar that could be moved and sat right in New York. The decor is top notch featuring chandeliars that rotate, flooring that is impeccable with little sparkles engrained in the paint, and art work featuring a "local" artist that adorns the walls. The color scheme is very warm and inviting. The bar is marble that is nicely lit underneath that creates a nice sexiness. It is not a large establishment but perfect for "Diversions." My boyfriend and I went on Tuesday evening and sat in the back where there are two nice lounging couches that face each other... very intimate. On this evening they had a wine and pairing tasting where you get a choice of three wines and three tapas for $10.00 a piece. The tapas offered were: Duck Breast Prosciutto; Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin;Beef Carpaccio. These were absolutely amazing, namely the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. For our wine choices, we had moscato, and a white riesling. We asked for dessert afterwards, but they had no dessert menu but as we were leaving the bartender had two small shot glasses of a lime shot that served as dessert and ON THE HOUSE!!! I recommend Diversions to anyone in the Little Rock area who wants to simply have a nice, quiet, relaxing evening out in a sophisticated area. It will not disappoint. Address: 2611 Kavanaugh Blvd
Little Rock, AR 72205

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.