Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love Interior Design!!!

I think you should be able to walk into a persons home without having met them and the space should tell a story about them based on the design. I have always loved a nice living space whereby a person takes time to pick out art work, color schemes, and pieces of furniture that speak to them. We spend a lot of time at home making memories, entertaining and relaxing and these spaces should be designed in such a way that brings us joy & peace! When you walk into your home it should be a safe haven of sorts, and a space that you enjoy yourself. I actually love the space I live in and apparently others do as well because I am complimented or asked can I decorate for them all the time. It is unexpected but like that nice cherry on atop of a ice cream Sunday. I am not able financially to design on the scale and tastes that I would like to but I am able to look online and see spaces that speak to me. Each week I am going to feature a space that is reflective of me. I would love to go to school for interior design.



I chose this particular space because of the color scheme. Deep browns and oranges are colors that seem very warm and inviting and also adds depth. It is simple but chic all at the same time. There is lots of lighting if you wanted to bring in a different mood and I also like how they incorporated the black and white. It adds a nice flair. The little accessory pieces added in such as the fruit on the table and the simple mirror on the wall are very minimal but makes this room come together. I could see myself snuggled up on that comfy couch with a book and a nice cup of chai tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.