Thursday, July 8, 2010

Exploring the idea of vegetarianism.....


I eat meat, but I can live without it and apparently we do not need meat to live. I am not into the politics of being a vegetarian but rather want to explore a more healthier lifestyle and do things that ulimiately make ME a better ME. I have control on what I put into my body, that choice belongs to me. It is solely up to me on how I healthy I want to be. I am armed with bits and pieces of knowledge to get me started on this journey. I also have a couple of veteran vegetarian friends who I am sure will help me along the way. Honestly, I can do without the "meat." I am going to try this out for thirty days trying new recipes and substituting along the way. I am embarking on somewhat of a foreign territory as I know I will have to educate myself so that I will give my body all the nutrients that I need. Why not choose to do better if you know better? Our environment suffers because of certain choices we make and I want to be the change I want to see in the world. So, as I venture onto this new journey of vegetarianism, I will share my thoughts, sucesses, failures, recipes that I've tried, weight loss I have experienced in the process, and how I feel overall. This should be fun :)

1 comment:

  1. How is this going? I'm still thinking about how to do it realistically (i.e. complaining kiddos) b/c it would have to be a change for all of us in the beginning until I get strong enough with it.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.