Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spiritual Connection


Grew up in a home where God was at the forefront so spirituality is a HUGE part of my life. It is embedded in me and when I was praying for a mate, spirituality was a huge connection that we had to share; no ifs, ands, buts about it. I didn't particuarly care about the denomination part of it, but he would have to know who God was, and be able to reach out to him. So, when my desires were manifested and this man arrived in my life I was elated. I am so grateful to have a man in my life who is spiritually connected, and doesn't mind allowing me to see that side of him and further, experience God with him. That brings about an intimacy that is unmatched. Spirituality is the tie that binds us moreso than any physical tie every could. We are using this week as a week of fasting and reflecting. We are so in sync it is amazing to me. He text me this morning at 6:30 (highly unusual because he is late riser) I woke up at 4:30. He text me and said baby, let's pray from 6:30 to 6:40 individually. That was the most beautiful, and powerful and confirming thing yet. It was a very defining part of our relationship in that it reminds me to be VERY grateful for what I have. Most married people don't have our connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.