Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 13

A letter to someone who has hurt me recently:

I wouldn't necessarily say this person hurt me but their expectations of me are so high and they see so much greatness in me and don't think that I am operating on my maximum potential that it frustrates him. So, this is my letter to HIM!

Dear You,

I want you to know that before your manifestation into my life, I didn't have an idea of a dream or how I wanted my life to go. I had been told repeatedly that I was doomed for failure and when we met, I was coming into enlightenment. I knew what talents and gifts I had but I didn't know how to bring life to them. Because of you and your ability to see through me and right into that place that holds greatness, what were blank pages now dance with my own words , and my dream of being an author is more than a mere imagination but a near reality. You had what it took to unleash the writer in me. You erased any fear I had and spoke LIFE into my very being and prophecied to me in such a way that provoked me to action. You've seen the very best in me and sometimes when I couldn't see it. I'm there now, I imagine and dream greater and I work towards my goal. You have helped me in more ways than you will realize, and for that I appreciate you always for that.

What I do not appreciate is this timeline you have for me. We are all on different paths traveling at different speeds with different destination times. You can't measure me by your works no more than I can measure you by mine. What you can do is continue doing what you've been doing for me and that is being an encourager, a motivator, and a friend. Don't threaten to walk out of my life... that causes injury. Although we are the same and have an unmatched connection, I am not you and you are not me. I love you and I want to share my successess, hurts, joys, pains, challenges, etc with you, but I need you to be consistent.

Allow me to evolve when I am supposed to evolve and not expose myself prematurely. Don't rush a budding rose!

I love you forever and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.