Friday, October 2, 2009

Barack & Michelle

As I was watching CNN this morning, my admiration and respect for the first couple, Barack & Michelle was rekindled. I love how they are in tune with each other, how they work together as a team, & how they make sure their family comes first. Even though he is president of the United States, he makes his love for his wife, and kids known. Not only does he make it known verbally, but his actions towards her speaks volumes. He gives her those silent glances & touches her gently in the small of her back in a way that even I can sense the potency of his love and respect for her. They are the epitome of what I want my relationship to be. Because of them, I know it is possible to have a relationship that works, and is healthy. Yes, they have mentioned they are looked at as the perfect couple; however, they've had issues, but again, I admire them because they work "together."

As my relationship grows, I look to them as a blueprint on which to pattern my relationship after. He is a powerful black man and most powerful black men have this stigma as being womanizers, not being able to hold down a family and be powerful & successful at the same time, but so far, Barack as defied those odds. Like Barack & Michelle, my babe and I went on our first date and have been going strong every sense. I strive to be like Michelle. I will be a source of strength and support to my baby that he needs to get him through. I plan to continue to uplift him when he feels down. I plan on loving him when he doesn't feel loveable. I plan to be a light when the world feels dark. I will make sure he KNOWS his power, his strength and his greatness. Our first couples marriage should serve as a great example of marriage and love amongst black couples.

Growing up, I didn't see many examples of good marriages. They were far and few between, so seeing our first couple makes me strive to make my relationship work even more, to not just settle in a relationship but to be truly happy. Most couples seem to exist and not have a fulfillment of joy in a relationship as it should be. The love is lost and they miss out on the endless possiblilities of being together, enjoying each others company, and having a true love experience. I will not lose hope that all these things are possible. Barack & Michelle serve as a hope. I want a love like theirs, one that even surpasses the love they have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.