Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vending Machine Blessing

Yesterday I get this sweet tooth and decided to go to the vending machine . I stood there as I usually do contemplating over my selection. I finally decided on a Reese's Cup which is .90 cents by the damn way for two chocolate covered peanut butter circles... MMMPH. I thought to myself as I put my money in the machine that this is highway robbery. I can go to walmart and buy a package of almost 20 Reese's cups for that price, but if your craving is as strong as a smoker who is trying to quit, you will pay whatever price to ease the craving. I was utterly disgusted to have to pay that amount. In a recession, all this shit needs to be .50 cents or free... so much for wishful thinking. Everything seems to shoot straight up like an airplane the older we get, and although we complain, we still pay whatever price because we have no other choice.

Well, this morning, even though I complained and ranted yesterday about having to pay that .90 cents, I go again to the vending machine to get my morning breakfast, POPTARTS. I put in a $1.00 and out pops a package of Poptarts. My dime in change didn't drop so I immediately wonder what the hell is going on. Surely to goodness they aren't going to swindle me for my .10 cents... surely not. Amid that thought, another package of Poptarts drops out, and then another.... As bright eyed as a puppy dog, I am thinking to myself, I get three packages of poptarts for the price of one. Of course I share the love and give one to my greedy co-worker. Oh, and I did get my .10 cents in change back after my blessings dropped. All I can say is, Isn't God Great; I didn't get swindled, but I swindled but not on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.