Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dedicated to Pepper




Above is a picture of "Pepper." I wanted a dog and despite the many warnings of how huge of responsiblity they were, I went ahead and decided to get one. Boy, was I in for a huge surprise. The first time I laid eyes on Pepper via a picture from the Internet on February 14th, 2009, I cried. He was so beautiful and tiny; I knew then I had to drive almost two hours to get him. My friend LaNesha rode with me also going to get Pepper's sister Jayde. We were very excited. Prior to our trip, we went to Petco picking up all the necessary items for a brand new puppy. I easily spent almost $1,000.00. We arrived at the kennel to pick up our babies, and the minute I saw Pepper our eyes locked and I held him like a newborn baby. On the ride home, Pepper whined all the way. I felt bad because I couldn't hold him neither did I know how really. I was scared but anxious to learn about how to care for a dog. My boyfriend was a great help.
The first night Pepper started of sleeping with me, then into his kennel he went. I didn't know anything about puppies. I had no clue I would be up during the night with him like a newborn or have my early morning slumber interrupted because I had to take him out. It was much more than I had bargained for. I stayed on the phone with my BF seeking advice, scared by every move that Pepper made that seemed abnormal to me but was normal. He laughed at me because I was so nervous. During my lunch I would drive all the way home and take him out. This got old really quick. I begin complaining and my boyfriend ended up taking him home with him which initially was supposed to be a week but ended up being three months until we decided to get rid of him Labor Day weekend when we had to go Kansas City and could find nobody to keep Pepper. So needless to say, Pepper is no longer with us. He is with a lady that works at the EZ-Mart gas station. My boyfriend stopped to get gas and asked if anyone wanted him and she said YES, once she saw him, she was sold. I do miss Pepper, I must admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.