Monday, March 29, 2010

I wish I were Blacker and hair was Nappier !


Disclaimer: As a black woman, I have truly learned to accept myself for who I am so this blog is in no way inidicative of me not loving who I am because I do.

HOWEVER, I wish I was darker and I wish my hair was nappier. YES, I said it. In a society where fairer skin is praised and "good hair," is more accepted, I wish I were the exact opposite. I have no idea why darker skinned people are scorned, looked down upon or deemed as less beautiful. I think they are the most beautiful people in the world. They exemplify strength, and a pureness like none other. Black is truly beautiful to me. As the old adage goes, " the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice." I am proud of my color because it represents the many hues and shades found within the black race, but I do wish my tone were a little darker. My hair is fine and my curls are defined, but I desire for it to be even kinkier. I find that kinkier hair does hold styles better, and YES I have accepted my hair, but STILL the kinkier the better. I truly do LOVE nappy hair. Just had to share because I saw a picture that inspired me to post this. The most beautiful chocolate nappy headed woman I'd ever seen and something about her picture immediately spoke of pure, and true beauty. YES, us lighter skinned folks got it going on as well, but something about that darkness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am crystal clear, unselfish, devoted, demanding little, always sacrificing myself for others but learning to put myself first!I seek salvation within myself, I always strive for total self - sufficiency and self - reliance.